Having just looked at the weather forecast for half term I can safely say 'pyjama days' are going to feature quite a lot in the next week. Of course there's not reason I can't be a 'do as I say, not as I do' mother so I will be getting the children to go outside. As always, it's good to bribe them with something so I may let them to make some of these: ice mobiles. They're a doddle to create and, in this weather, you don't even need to rely on a freezer (which is good because that needs to be crammed full of ice for the G&Ts (I did mention it's half term right?).
1. Line up some silicon cupcake cases in a container and then ask the children to find some garden treasure to put in the mobiles - berries are always good, or small leaves or fronds - even the odd flower
2. Pop something in each cupcake mould and then add some glitter (if you want a bit of sparkle) before draping a length of ribbon across each - leaving plenty at one end to tie the mobile onto something
3. Top up each mould with water and leave in the freezer (or, in this weather, overnight outside)
4. When the water has frozen, take the mobile out of the moulds and hang it up somewhere outside for the children to see
5. Race inside, serve up ice cream, and reward yourself with a G&T
Happy half term!